A couple of weeks ago while making my “trailer” for YouTube I realized my blog is missing a key category. My “health” segment is lacking. And I know why….
I’m a woman down.
I am needing a boost.
I need to find my motivation.
And believe me…it is NOT at the bottom of a Hot Tamale box. (Which is one of my favorite weekend treats.)
When I considered reviving my blog I wanted health to be involved. In the past I had time to join a running group or attend a Weight Watch meeting. However, with moving further outside of town and my kids busy schedule my time is extremely limited.
The Result: Absolutely nothing.
I have been running here and there. Doing a DVD here and there. But nothing consistent.
This must change. …PRONTO!
[pullquote3 quotes=”true” align=”center” variation=”coffee” cite=”Muhammad Ali”]I hated every minute of training, but I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion.[/pullquote3]
You Have to Start Somewhere
I will not make my post long because…well…the video is long. Instead I will give you some high points and invite you to watch the video if you are interested in the details.
[youtube url=”http://youtu.be/3iWpLLUzM_s” width=”600″ height=”400″ autohide=”1″ rel=”0″ showsearch=”0″ showinfo=”0″]
(Can’t see the video? View it online HERE.)
- I started a Personal 100 Day Challenge. I started May 5, 2013.
- I aim to create a life which will give life.
- I will have a weekly focus. Week 1 my focus is Eating to Live. This means eating for the sake of nutrition not just to eat.
- I will have a “pass” for Sunday, Mother’s Day.
- Week 2 the focus will be INSANE Physical Activity.
Eat to Live
Eat to Live is based on the book by Dr. Fuhrman. This book is full of helpful information. You can also visit Google and type “Eat to Live”. I have found reading (and listening to the audio book) best. In a nutshell:
- Eat whole foods
- Focus on eating fruits (at least 4 servings daily) and vegetables (goal of one pound daily).
- No animal by products.
- And other guidelines.
Visit www.drfuhrman.com for more information.
- I have a few before pictures HERE.
- Eat to Live the book.
- Couch to 5k running plan…also known as C25k. The written plan is HERE and the plan details are HERE. I actually prefer this podcast.
I think I covered everything. If I forgot anything…or if you have questions add them in the Comments.
Tags: 100 Day Challenge C25k Eat to Live Healthy Living Marathon Training VLOG YouTube Video